IT’S TIME FOR THE FAFSA
FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. It’s the ONLY way to apply for federal student aid. Plus, it can impact the financial aid you receive from state governments and most colleges & universities. And don’t forget: It’s FREE to apply.
The 2023-2024 FAFSA is the one that the Class of 2023 will complete. It opens this Saturday, October 1. Here’s a quick list of the things you need handy for the application process:
- Student’s Social Security Number
- Parents’ Social Security Numbers
- Student’s Driver’s License number (if applicable)
- 2021 Federal Tax return (IRS 1040) – which you don’t really need if you plan to use the IRS’ Data Retrieval Tool (highly recommended!)
- Records of both the student’s and the parents’ untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans’ noneducation benefits.
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate (does not include the family home); and business and farm assets for student and parents.
- A list of as many as ten (10) colleges to which the student plans to apply.
Things to keep in mind:
- The process is really quick. You can complete the FAFSA in less than an hour.
- Don’t make assumptions about whether or not you will qualify for financial aid. You might be surprised.
- Many outside scholarships also require you to submit a copy of your Student Aid Report (SAR) with your application. The SAR is the report you receive after filing your FAFSA application.
- Both student and a parent have portions to complete. Student and parent need separate FSA ID’s to sign-into the FAFSA application.
FAFSA is a critical piece of the college admissions process. Helping your family know how and when to complete the FAFSA is part of my role as a college admissions consultant. It’s a process that looks slightly different for each family. And my approach to college admissions reflects that. I am definitely here to help guide you through the FAFSA and other key financial concepts! If you want help with any part of the college admissions process – let me know! Reach out using any of the buttons below or give me a call at 405-906-7044!
Thanks for joining me!
SENIORS: Now is the time! Are you ready to list your high school activities while emphasizing your passions? Let me help! I will guide you through the process and keep you focused on the points that are pertinent to your situation. As always, my goal is to help you find and fund the ideal college experience! Use the button below to connect with me and let’s get started today!
JUNIORS: You still have time to cultivate activities that demonstrate commitment to your passions. Let me help! Let’s explore what items fall under the ‘activity’ category and ensure that you are enhancing and highlighting the activities that make you unique. My help is just a click away!
FRESHMEN & SOPHOMORES: Want to explore how you can make the most of your high school experience? I would love to help! Sign-up for a Road Map Session and get a personalized plan cultivated to help you shine. We’ll look at academics, activities, community impact, and much more! Click the button below if you’re ready to get started.
Want to receive this newsletter in your email box every Tuesday?